We have been busy designing a range of Covid-19 Safe non-residential courses for Schools and Further Education & Training Centres. Throughout the Summer and Autumn of 2020, we provided training to several participant groups in-line with guidance from the HSE and Department of Education and Skills. As we move into 2021, we look to continue this delivery of training while keeping our staff and students safe. When operating we will be doing so with additional safety measures in place while we continue to monitor and act upon guidance issued. We are also scheduling residential courses for 2021.
COVID 19 OUR ADDITIONAL MEASURES
Baltinglass Outdoor Education and Training Centre will operate all activities in line with government guidelines and best practice. The safety of our participants, community and staff is our highest priority. To ensure a safe course for everyone we are taking these additional measures.
- We have reduced our capacity and will only be working with one student group at a time in any location.
- All our staff have completed infection control training and return to work training provided by Kildare Wicklow Education and Training Board.
- School and FET groups are required to apply DES guidelines regarding attendance for students, learners, and staff.
- All our courses will commence with a COVID-19 briefing and orientation.
- Hand sanitisation points in place on arrival and throughout the centre to include mobile points for offsite activities.
- We will disinfect equipment between sessions. This includes sanitisation of wetsuits, climbing harnesses, helmets, kayaks etc.
- Hand sanitisation at appropriate times during activities.
- Face coverings / visors will be worn at appropriate times where social distancing may be more difficult e.g. equipment checks.
- In course transport using centre buses will operate with 50% capacity and the wearing of face masks is compulsory as per government guidelines. Our buses will be cleaned and sanitised each day.
- Social distancing measures will be in place for activities, break times, meals etc. We ask for all participant’s cooperation in this. We will operate outdoors as much as possible. Indoor spaces have been risk assessed and layouts changed accordingly.
- Toilets will be cleaned at least twice daily. Maximum occupancy is signposted outside each toilet block.
- We will keep the use of changing rooms to a minimum.
- If the event of first aid being required, our instructors will provide first aid in line with best practice & personal protective equipment appropriate to the location.
- Our operating procedures, safety statements and risk assessments have been updated for COVID-19 using guidance from the HSE, Department of Education and Skills, Bord Failte Ireland, and equipment manufacturers advice for equipment sterilisation.
- COVID-19 advice signage and information are in place throughout the centre.
COVID 19 PARTICIPANT / PARENT OR GUARDIAN / GROUP LEADER RESPONSIBILITES
- Each participant to bring their own supply of hand sanitiser & tissues for personal use.
- Masks must be worn on centre buses and when using indoor spaces.
- Full Day courses – please bring a packed lunch, snacks & a reusable water bottle.
- Participants must respect social distance with staff / persons who are not from their household. We will be unable to continue with courses where these measures are not respected.
- If a participant begins to feel unwell during a course, they must tell us immediately.